Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thailand Times Two!

It's been a long time since any posts in this blog and it's about time I get it up and running again! A lot has happened in the past year, but I'll keep the recap short.

I went to Thailand twice over the past two months to visit my daughter, Tasha. She moved to Phuket in October and is the Director of Marketing & Communications for Tiger Muay Thai & MMA - the world's largest Muay Thai gym. It's an incredible place and famous fighters from all over the world come there to train. They have been profiled in TV shows and publications around the globe and it's like no place else on Earth.

I used the opportunity to reconnect with Tasha but also to train for my upcoming adventures. No, I didn't do any Muay Thai (didn't want to risk an injury this close to the climb) but I hammered it out in the bootcamps, spin and weight classes.
Runs to the Big Buddha and intense beach workouts added a lot of variety and additional functional movement training to my current regime.

I am going to Mount Logan in May with a trip to K2 planned for July. K2 will obviously be something else. It's going to be incredibly difficult, but I'm ready for the challenge.

Here are a few pics from Thailand...

A big thanks to Richie Lattin - Tiger Muay Thai's AV Manager for making me a mini-documentary about my adventures in an effort to help me find sponsorship. Richie is an incredible artist who's work smashes it out of the PARK! Seriously, the guy's incredible. Check out this video he did for fighter Paul Daley.

Richie and his fiancé Becky hung out with Tash and I a lot and are top notch people. They are moving to Japan after their wedding in June and I'm sure they'll find adventure wherever they go! Richie's video will be posted here and on Facebook.
Can't wait to see it!

Above: Wat Chalong (Chalong Temple) is incredibly beautiful and peaceful.

I LOVE tiger cubs!! I couldn't wait to give this one a bottle at the Phuket Fantasea show entrance. Tash loves animals too and was especially impressed with the goats in the show...yes, the goats. She's always been a bit strange! HA!

Getting a kiss from "Tasha's elephant" Lucky!

And so the adventures continue. I'm back in Grimshaw training hard and looking forward to new things to come. Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Arno (Naartjie)

    Ek sit nou toevallig en Google en kom op al jou wedervaringe, prestasies ens. af.

    Sal graag met jou wil kontak maak.

    Gaan baie goed met my.

    Dawie Lotter

    ReplyDelete